Friday, October 9, 2015

Migrate to Gentoo after being familiar with common Debian desktop usage

Last time, I mentioned that I would like to consider Gentoo instead of Debian because I do not want systemd. systemd makes the system unstable, e.g. requiring more than five minutes to start a desktop PC randomly.

http://mindmapapp.blogspot.com/2015/09/openrc-and-systemd-which-one.html

How systemd can be used as stable as possible is not known.


I migrate to Gentoo after being familiar with using the Debian desktop computer.

Gentoo features compiling the software I need. I can state on Gentoo Linux that I do not need systemd support. Great flexibility!

The time spent on the computer will lengthen as a result of compiling the software.

OpenRC on Gentoo Linux allows the use of the good old SysV-style init. The old SysV-style init scripts are compatible on Gentoo Linux.

No comments: