- No need to pay for it.
- No need to pay a monthly fee or yearly fee.
- No activation key is necessary.
- No need to register. No personal details such as email addresses are required.
- No need to buy a license for a computer or a number of computers.
- Unlimited number of installation / reinstallation on the same computer is allowed.
- You are allowed to copy OpenOffice / LibreOffice and give it to your friend via a USB drive, etc.
- Support for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Android and Linux.
- Support for many kinds of language around the world.
- Community support in the form of forum, mailing list and manual.
- Its own file format is reliable enough to be used every day. (As long as you don't do complex things.)
- The user interface consists of menus. It is easy to ask for help and to help your friend, e.g. "File-> Save" is easily understood, instead of graphical icons. When you ask, "How do I do this?" Your friend can reply, "Please do 'File-> Save'," and there is no "icon confusion".
- It can open many Microsoft Office files. (Even different versions of Microsoft Office can open the same file differently.)
- You may choose to submit (or not to submit) a report for the developers to fix problems.
- If you are a programmer, you can try to fix problems you found or fix those the other people found.
Sunday, January 3, 2016
Good things about OpenOffice / LibreOffice
OpenOffice / LibreOffice is good for these things: